Sunday, August 16, 2015

Other sh*t to Take Care of

The last couple of weeks have been very stressful. I've had a lot of very important things turn into a bit of a train wreck. All of my attention for the last two weeks has been focused on getting my son into the high school I wanted him to attend.

My oldest son is 14 years old. He is diagnosed ADHD and ODD among other things. He was not very successful at a particular junior/senior high school in 7th grade. He ended up confronting a bully and breaking his nose. This lead to his expulsion. My son spent 8th grade in a much better school, after we got a lawyer, and he had zero problems there.

I applied for a scholarship to get him out of the terrible school. Apparently the instructions are very vague and I missed a step. One week before school I find out the scholarship wasn't processed and he has to return to the terrible school.

Mind you, right around this time I should be giving notice to my job that I'm leaving. They have a rule that once notice is given, you cannot take time off. So I needed the time off to make sure my son's school, education, and safety were taken care of. So I feel rotten inside. (Yes I filled an appeal and got him in to our public school of choice, he started Aug 12th!)

Normally I don't operate life like this. The huge things that are very important to me just fell apart through little fault of my own: my son's school, my school/work arrangements, and my VSG surgery. I've fixed the first one, note to tackle #2/3, 4 on the list.

I want everything to work so badly. My anxiety and type A personality aren't handling these little hiccups very well. I haven't slept well. I've been missing days of work. I have a feeling I'm going to burn a bridge at work and possibly the first internship site (if they care at all).

I interviewed for an internship site mid-June. I kept in contact with them by calling and checking in. The clinical supervisor kept saying my paperwork is locked in the director's office who is out on vacation. A month goes by and now I'm not getting a call back or any of my calls answered. Wtf?!

This has left me scrambling to find a new internship site. (I don't have time to play games and really do I want to go work for free at a place that is playing games? No, not really) This pushed my plans back a month and now makes me look wishy washy to my job plus I can't schedule my surgery. Ugh! I'm so mad at that place. F'd up my whole time line.

You know as well as I do to be successful at eating right and seeing results you gotta put the time in. It takes planning, prep, and discipline. Right now, I don't have any of that. I think I've probably gained weight from stress eating.

OK, Karla, time to take back control. I can't be afraid of the unknown. Bad things happened, get over it and get back on track... Or hell, make a new track!! I need to decide what I want and go for it full speed ahead. Tomorrow I will talk to my boss. If I can't work and do the internship at my second choice site I will have to leave the job as peacefully as possible with as little notice as possible. Giving them two weeks is going to be very hard. Time to trust myself. I'm going for it....

No comments:

Post a Comment