Friday, July 3, 2015

Weight Loss Surgery Pre-op Goal

OK, so I paid my deposit and locked in a discounted price with my surgeon. Here's where things gets sticky. I want to have the surgery before the fall semester begins which is August 17th.

So, I'm planning on a late July/early August surgery date...Yikes!! It's already July 3rd. Time is ticking too damn fast!

As far as my weight goes:
285 lbs. which was my highest eight ever  
271  (-14 lbs) 2 months ago, after eating basically Atkins style for 2 weeks
274-275 (+3-4 lbs.) I was sick and gained weight and also just finished my period-- been holding this weight for 2 weeks

My pre-op goal weight has always been 250 lbs. I want to be at that mark on my surgery date so I will have a better chance at hitting my ultimate goal weight of 140 lbs. I'm 5'2.75 so I round it up to 5'3. If I can make my mini-goal of 250 I will have 110 lbs to lose after my gastric sleeve surgery.

Crap, is this even possible? I have 25 lbs to lose in 4 weeks.     Seems like I'm setting myself up for failure. Alright, time to break out some of those diet and exercise pins on Pinterest I've been hoarding. I'm going to jump on the Atkins bandwagon again. The nutritionist that was working with my surgeon's group is no longer available. It sounds like they are looking for a new nutritionist. So, due to time, I might be on my own for pre-op weight loss. 

Dammit I'm deciding this now on 4th of July weekend aka BBQ and beer weekend? Where everyone flexes their cooking skills by trying new recipes to bring to the cookouts. Food is displayed on decorated tables at every house we will visit today and tomorrow. FML. FML hard because I love baked beans, potato salad, ribs drenched in sauce, and cake for dessert. 

Yes folks this is what you call a food funeral. Except instead of eating the things that I enjoy one last time to say good bye, I am quietly shedding a tear and making a mental note of the things I cannot have I will not indulge in this weekend. see what I did there? Re-framed my wording to sound more positive. No reason to binge on my last few favorites. That will only set me back. Instead of beans, ribs, potato salad, and cake I will have deviled eggs, chicken, grilled veggies, and fresh fruit for dessert. No alcohol for me. It is good that we will be outside a lot for the holiday activities and I live in Florida. I'll probably sweat 5 lbs off this weekend by just being outside. ;-) 

It's about to be on like Donkey Kong!! I'm losing these stupid 25 lbs!! I will weigh in twice a week: Wednesdays and Fridays. Please, please, if you have any pre-op tips share them with me on here, Facebook, or find me on one of the many groups or forums online. 


No comments:

Post a Comment